Wednesday 6 March 2013

Girl v. Disneyland

Last week I lived out a childhood dream of mine, I went to Disneyland! It was so much fun despite it being the only day that week it rained. The rain just could not dampen my spirits! I never went as a child so I felt I had finally completed "childhood". (Does that mean I now have to grow up for real?)
I loved the tackiness of it all; the faded facades, the screaming girls chasing Daisy and Donald around the park, the outdated rides. At one point we watched a 3D musical starring Michael Jackson (1980s Michael), it was literally like stepping back into the 80s. The park definitely had a "20th century vibe" but I think that was what made it so great... Like the way riding in your 13 year old Peugeot 106 holds a special feeling in your heart no matter how many sports cars you take for a spin ;)

2 comments:

  1. Aww Disney! I've never been to the Disney in Tokyo but heard their merchandise is way cuter than those in the US. Hope you had fun, you look adorable in the picture :)

    Rachel x
    www.blushandbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Disneyland!! I wish I could go before I get too old! Looks like you're making the most of Tokyo! X

    ReplyDelete